Monday, March 16, 2015

The Young Elites Review


Quick Summary:
Marie Lu's The Young Elites is about a fever that killed thousands. Those who did survive were left with strange markings. Rumors start to circulate that these Young Elites have strange but powerful gifts. There's Teren who is the lead hunter for the Inquisition to destroy all of them. There's Enzo, the leader of the Dagger Society who is hunting down his fellow Young Elites to join a revolution. Adelina is brought to him, a powerful Young Elite, but someone with a never-ending darkness in her heart.
Sorry if that was a bad summary, I wasn't sure fully on this one.

Ok confession time, I was never a big fan of Marie Lu's Legend series and that's probably why it took me so long to read The Young Elites. However, I regret putting off reading this so much! It was honestly so good. A lot (like a lot) more mature than Legend, it was much darker and grittier. The main character, Adelina goes through an insane amount and I really admired her tenacity. However, she's also an interesting protagonist because of how deep her darkness goes. The line, "It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt." gave me chills. There's also a lot of twists that had me crying. I am definitely not giving this book justice but I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read it. Just know that I loved it.

You should seriously read The Young Elites, the second book, The Rose Society, comes out October 6th and I'm already dying. Especially because of the title of the book, which is mentioned at the end of the first but I can't spoil anything!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh! I really enjoyed this book! I also loved the Legend trilogy, thought the first book was the best! Here's my review if you want to check it out!: http://mylittlecornerforbooks.blogspot.com/2014/10/young-elites-review.html

    ReplyDelete