Friday, March 27, 2015

All the Bright Places Review


Finch is fascinated by death and suicide, wanting to kill himself multiple times. When he is standing on a bell tower, he encounters Violet. A girl counting down the days until she leaves after her sister's death. They are able to talk each other down. They become partners for a school project to see their state's "wonders". As they travel the state, Finch helps Violet look forward to each day. He is able to act like himself with Violet and not be the freak. But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink.

Ok sorry I really liked that last sentence from the Goodreads summary so I stole it. This book is incredible. It's a contemporary and it's beautiful. However, it's also extremely emotional. My mom walked in on me crying and it wasn't even at the worst part yet. I loved Violet and Finch and all I wanted was for them to be happy. My books are like my children and it was so painful when I saw them hurting in this way. Finch had a really messed up family and they got me so angry. I also really connected with Violet because her parents are so similar to mine. This book is truly extraordinary and I want everybody in the world to read it because the causes of suicide need to be talked about more. The author even put in her author note about how often it occurs. I can't say enough how enlightening and amazing this book is, so you should all read it to understand my feelings.

Apparently there's going to be a movie already (it came out in January) starring Elle Fanning.

I finished this a couple of days ago actually, so I'm sorry it took me so long to post a review but I was traveling to California!!!

Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment