Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Orphan Queen Review


Jodi Meadows' The Orphan Queen is about a young queen who with her fellow Ospreys, or orphans, are trying to win back their kingdom. To do this, Wilhelmina must go in disguise to the very court that betrayed her country. However, their world is threatened by more. Magic is outlawed because it also brings the wraith, dark and destructive magic. Wilhelmina has magic, but if the Black Knife, a vigilante, discovers, she may be killed or disappear.

Sorry I didn't do a currently reading, but I read this one too quickly. I received an ARC of The Orphan Queen a couple of months ago from one of my friends. It took me until now to read it, but I'm glad I finally did. The main character, Wil, is really strong. She was obviously shaped a lot by witnessing the death of her parents and the takeover of her kingdom. It leads her to try and take revenge, which is all very exciting. Except, something I really liked was that she realizes there's so much more going on in the world. She realizes she's being manipulated by one of her own and she changes that. She fights back. Also Black Knife is bae. I sort of fell in love with him. God I don't know if I can put spoilers into these reviews, but I want to talk so much more about Black Knife! There were some scenes that had me squirming too. That were just freaking me out so much. I'm so curious to see how the next book plays out!

Oh my god I just remembered the cliffhanger too! I was reading with my sister and when I finished I freaked out and tried looking to see if there was a summary for the second book yet. There wasn't. The ending definitely led me to wanting to read the next book. I hate starting a new series and having to wait so long for the next book :(

Hope this sparks interest in this new series cause I haven't seen much about it yet! I really enjoyed it though. Not one of my favorites, but I see potential in it becoming one of them.

1 comment: