Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Game of Thrones Review




It's difficult to explain George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones because there are so many different characters and stories woven in. I'm sure a lot of you have read, watched, or at least heard of this series. The first book starts with the king asking Lord Eddard Stark to be the Hand of the King. Except the previous one was murdered and Eddard, Ned, must try and figure out the reason and protect the king and his family. However, there are enemies within and far away. They are all playing the game of thrones and you either win or you die.

If you haven't read or watched Game of Thrones, then you really really should. Except, I did meet a girl this year who never even heard of it. I was so shocked, I couldn't even explain it to her. I guess I understand if you don't like this sort of high fantasy but it's more than just that. There's also so much politics and betrayal and loyalty in it. My favorite character, Daenarys grows so strong in the show and the book. You especially learn that each villain has good qualities and each hero has bad ones. I absolutely adore that this becomes so apparent because that's what life really is. This is definitely one of my favorite shows and I cannot wait to continue reading the series!

I definitely plan on continuing to read the books but not right away because they're so long! The first book is nearly identical to the first season except for some very minor details, so if you want to watch the show first, I will not judge you. Especially because that's what I did and it's what led me to reading the wonderful books!

I'm sorry it took me a while longer to finish than usual but I was in my last week before Spring Break and the teachers started piling on work. Hopefully, I'll be getting reviews out again!

Here's the trailer for the first season because my summary was probably extremely inadequate:
Season One Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment