Saturday, March 28, 2015

Ready Player One Review


The OASIS is a virtual utopia that Wade and nearly everybody else spends all of their time in. Wade Watts is a gunter, a virtual hunter who looks for the creator's easter egg. This egg is hidden somewhere inside the OASIS and if found, will gift billions of dollars and power over the entire OASIS. For years nobody could find the first puzzle, until Wade solves it. Suddenly the race is accelerated. There's fan clubs and murder and Wade is in the middle of all of it. He must find the egg or die trying.

As I was reading Ernest Cline's Ready Player One, I found myself enjoying it. However, I also thought it was really cheesy and predictable at times. I did enjoy it and I found it humorous at times, but it's definitely not one of my favorites. I know that it's extremely based upon video games but there were paragraphs filled with video game and 80s trivia that I found myself getting lost in. It was a good book, but I didn't think it was that spectacular.

Sorry I feel like this is a bad review but I really don't know what use to say about the book.

This is a stand alone, but I think I saw some rumors online of it becoming a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment