Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Court of Thorns and Roses Review



First review guys so please be patient and I am welcome to suggestions on how to improve!

SPOILER FREE

I received an ARC of A Court of Thorns and Roses through my friend, Sasha, and devoured it in a day. It's by my favorite author, Sarah J. Maas. She also wrote Throne of Glass (my favorite series ever). A Court of Thorns and Roses is a Beauty and the Beast retelling, it's high fantasy with humans and their enemies, the faeries.
When the main character, Feyre, kills a wolf while hunting in the woods, she causes a terrifying faerie to appear at her door looking for vengeance. A life for a life, she goes to live with the faerie, who she discover is, in truth, a handsome immortal named Tamlin. As time goes on her hatred for her captor transforms into something more. However, the faerie courts have a sickness that is spreading and threatens their world. Feyre must try to help, even though she is mortal.
I absolutely LOVED this book. I am a huge fan of Sarah J. Maas, if you haven't read Throne of Glass, look it up! The third book is my religion. As a result of my already existing love, I was eagerly awaiting this new series. It most certainly did not disappoint. Its beautiful world building and steamy romance enthralled me. Feyre, who's nineteen, is an extremely strong young woman. It's difficult to evolve relationships beginning from hate without it looking to choppy but I definitely did not see that. I laughed, I cried, I blushed, and I cheered. I fell in love with the characters and dreaded finishing but I could not stop. It sort of sucks that I read an ARC though, because now I have to wait even longer for the next one.

A Court of Thorns and Roses comes out May 5th, so read it when you can!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so cool! Sadly, I havn't read a Sarah J. Maas book yet but I think I have to in the very near future xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please! This one was more mature but I think Throne of Glass will always be my favorite. Sarah J. Maas writes really strong characters and I think everybody should read her books!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward, so much, to hold this in my hand, everything I've heard sonds great! And I love thrones of glass too! Sarah's an amazing author. :-D

    ReplyDelete