Monday, July 10, 2017

Top Five Reads of June

Of all the books I read in June (check out my goodreads for a full list), these are my favorites. I'm thinking this can be a new segment I do at the beginning of each month to cover the previous month. I felt inspired to start it today because I got a little behind on review writing.



5. Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman



Read my review here. This was a very interesting read as I kept comparing it to the show but also knowing this was much more real. I thought it was really well done and kept me super engaged the whole time.

4. Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart



Read my review here. While I didn't feel very satisfied with this book, I thought it was very well done and an extremely unique read. It'd be a fun one to reread for this reason and because I'd be able to see all the hints that I'd originally missed.


3. If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Read my review here. I enjoyed this so much because of how much emotion it got out of me. I was quite literally weeping at two in the morning because of this book. This emotional attachment keeps me thinking back on this book.


2. Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy



Read my review here. I thought this was a really amazing new release. It was diverse without making a huge deal out of it, but still acknowledging it. The characters were complex and it all just made sense. I believed this story, which is more rare than you'd think.


1. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao



I haven't posted a review for this book yet because I'm waiting for its release date, but this was my favorite June read. It was such a wonderfully vibrant world and the story kept me on the edge nearly the entire time. I will admit that I never read the summary for this book before reading it and instead went in only knowing that it was a fairytale retelling. After I finished I learned that the huge twist that I'd found mindblowing was actually something they told you from the beginning #fail. I kind of liked my way more though. I'm not sure how I would've enjoyed it if I had read the summary so I guess I'd understand if other people found this book predictable. If you can, go into this book blind. I'm going to try doing that with other books I read now because I enjoyed not being able to predict.

There should be a new review up on Wednesday so check back then!


What were your favorite reads of June? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment