Monday, July 3, 2017

June Book Haul

All the books I purchased in June! I got a few others from the library, but those are not included here.

Nefertiti by Michelle Moran


After exploring the archaeological sites in Italy and Greece, I was really looking for some good books that take place in the ancient world. After some internet research, Michelle Moran was an author who kept popping up. Nefertiti takes place in Ancient Egypt and I've heard great things about it. I'm super excited to read it.

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee


I've heard amazing things about this book and was able to go to the Mackenzi Lee signing in Illinois. She was really well-spoken and very interesting to listen to. This will be a book I read very soon because I'm so excited about it.

Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith


Read my review for this book, here.

The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye


This is the sequel to The Crown's Game and you can read my review for the first one here. I was able to meet Evelyn Skye at a signing and she seemed really nice. I love that we share an interest in Russia.

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon



This is another book that I've heard great things about. I bought it off of a recommendation from a friend and can't wait to start it!

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas


This has been a very talked about book. It got an insane amount of starred reviews and deals with a very important and relevant topic. Angie Thomas is coming to Illinois at the end of July and I can't wait to meet her! I will definitely be reading this book before the signing so stay tuned for this review!

The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr


I bought this book off of a recommendation from somebody who worked at Barnes & Noble. I started it and didn't get into it right away so I set it aside and haven't picked it back up since.

Windwitch by Susan Dennard


This is the sequel to Truthwitch, which I really enjoyed. I honestly don't remember the first very well though so I haven't felt the urge to start Windwitch yet. I need to google a summary first so I'm not completely lost and confused.

The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan


I bought this for like $2 from the sale section in Half Price Books. It sounded really good and I'm excited to try it out!

44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith


The fact that it had Scotland in the title motivated me to pick this book up. Then I noticed it said it was by the same author as The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. It was a school book that I never ended up reading but the people who did read it, enjoyed it. This was also off the sale section of Half Price Books so I though, why not?

Dracula by Bram Stoker


I've always wanted to read Dracula and when I saw it also in the sale section, I thought it was time I purchased it.

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy


I've read Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy and loved it. You can read my review for that here. She was at the same signing as Evelyn Skye and I'd heard great things about Dumplin' so I decided to buy it and have it signed! Not sure when I'll get to this, but it has been one I've wanted to read for a while now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it! I'm trying to save money so I'm buying less and going to the library more, but sometimes there's just those books that I can't help buying!

Do you have any books that you feel are a must buy? Let me know your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment