Wednesday, July 5, 2017

If There's No Tomorrow ARC Review

Jennifer L. Armentrout has long been an author who I've enjoyed. When I had the chance to read her newest contemporary, I had to take it.




Summary: Lena is a typical teenage girl who is just trying to have fun her senior year with friends and her longtime crush/bestfriend, Sebastian. She's focused on enjoying every second with these people until a certain choice changes everything. Suddenly, everyday is filled with a crushing shame and fear of her friends' judgement.

Leaving this as vague as possible because when the "thing" happens you have to be as caught off guard as I was. In the beginning I thought it was just okay. Armentrout does great romance, but it's often what she sticks to. I thought it was going to be a typical teen romance about love in high school and all that. And it is romance, but also much more.

I was reading before bed when the big "thing" happens (again I'm being purposefully vague about this) and suddenly I was weeping. I could not stop reading because I had to know how the characters were going to handle this. I cried multiple times throughout this book as I'd quickly become attached to the story.

It was about having to deal with something that you never expected or wanted. Something that's terrible and life changing when you're only seventeen/eighteen. Recovery from these types of events is long and hard.

I thought Armentrout covered the topics of responsibility and guilt so realistically that my original disinterest turned into obsessively finishing this book. The characters are young and carefree in the beginning as we see many teens are in the real world. They think they are invincible until they have to face the reality that they are not. It's a hard truth to encounter and If There's No Tomorrow handled it so well. Sometimes it happens in a much more devastating way and that's what we see Lena having to do.

This is a worthwhile read for all ages for it covers a topic that all should empathize with and be more knowledgable about. Armentrout makes it reachable for those of us who've never experienced it. I honestly thought this was one of her best books yet.

If There's No Tomorrow is set to be released September 5th and I highly urge you to read it as soon as it comes out!

5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment