Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Everything, Everything Review

If you don't know, this book was recently made into a movie. I usually try to read the book before I watch the movie or tv show, so Everything, Everything was on my list.





Summary: Madeline has a rare disease that makes her allergic to the world. There's no telling what'll put her health out of balance and could kill her so she must stay indoors at all times. The only people she has contact with is her mom and her nurse but when they get new neighbors, she meets Olly. Their relationship then starts to change Madeline's overly safe world.

I enjoyed all of this book except the ending. It was cute and had a good message for living life to the fullest while you have the time. I think we should all try to take more risks and live life more so I really appreciated that part.

Maddy was super sweet and inspiring at times. She loved her mom and did her best to not want more than the bubble world she lived in. She was a wonderful person with a curiosity for the world that was totally understandable.

I was rooting for the characters and I enjoyed how they were attempting to find what was worth taking risks.

I thought the ending was a little unrealistic. It felt as if Yoon just wanted a dramatic twist and didn't care if it didn't fit very well.

Overall, this was an easy cute read. I couldn't get behind the ending and I'm not a huge lover of cute reads which is why my rating is lower. I think it's a book that many people would love, it just wasn't one of my favorite genres.

Sorry for the shorter review, it's always hard to write them when I don't feel strongly one way or the other. I didn't hate this book, but I also didn't love it and that always makes me feel like I have so much less to talk about.

3 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment