Saturday, June 6, 2015

May Book Haul!

A list of the wonderful books I purchased in the month of May! I bought a lot, so I probably won't do summaries for them but I'll briefly talk about my interest for some of them!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Already read it, but I got the hardcover this month! I also got to meet her for a second time. She is my favorite author so check out her books if you haven't read them yet! Throne of Glass is her first series and A Court of Thorns and Roses is a new series she's doing.


The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons.


Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. There's a review for this book already on my blog if you wanna check that out!


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Absolutely adored this book. I had an ARC of it, but the hardcover came out in May. Probably some of the best character development I've seen done in a book.


Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire. I actually kind of hated the first book, Beautiful Disaster, but this was on sale for $1 so I figured why not!



Harry Potter 1-5 and 7 by J.K. Rowling. I already own them but my copies are a newer edition and I really wanted the soft cover ones that I grew up reading. Except I borrowed my older sister's so I never actually owned them! Now I'm working on finding all of them.


Mark Twain's Best by Mark Twain. I couldn't really find a picture of the cover of this book, but I have a slight obsession with the novella, The Mysterious Stranger, by Mark Twain. It's such an interesting read. It might seem a bit slow at first, but by the end your mind is just completely blown. I am so in love with it. I didn't like Huck Finn all that much, but The Mysterious Stranger is so different from it, I could talk for ages how much I adore this novella.

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I've just seen this book so much that I finally decided it was time for me to buy it.


Openly Straight by Bill Koningsberg.


Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.


Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. There's a movie of this book coming out soon and while it looks incredibly sad, I know I have to read it first.


The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. This book's concept sounds so fascinating so I'm looking forward to reading it!


Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres. I love Ellen and this was a birthday gift (I turned 18 on May 14!).


Vicious by V.E. Schwab. Another birthday gift, but I've heard some really great things about Vicious! My sister absolutely loved it too!


Mosquitoland by David Arnold. I've heard so much about this book and seen it in so many places that I'd been meaning to buy it for a while, but I ended up getting it for my birthday!


Kissing in America by Margo Rabb.


Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. Loved this book when I was younger, so I want to reread it at one point to see if it's actually as good as I remember.


Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan.


Vango by Timothée de Fombelle. I think this book was translated from French? I'm not sure, but it seems really interesting! A little obscure though.


Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. Another birthday gift! I loved this book, go read my review on it!


Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout. What I am currently reading. Jennifer L. Armentrout is an incredible writer and I'm really enjoying it thus far!


Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout. The third book in a series, I've only read the first book so far but I got this one for free so yay!


Okay! Book haul over! I hope to post a new review soon, I've just been crazy busy and lazy! I graduated a couple days ago though so hopefully I'll get into a good routine this summer with reading and writing reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment