Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Legacy of Kings Review




In Eleanor Herman’s Legacy of Kings the age of the gods is about to end. The book takes place in the time of Alexander the Great, when he’s sixteen. He begins to be drawn to Katerina, a guest in the palace. However, she has a certain mission: to kill the Queen. Her childhood friend, Jacob, though will do anything to win her. He’ll even fight Hephaestion, Alex’s best friend and a murderer, in a contest. Cyn, the prince’s half-sister, is working to weaken the throne. Across the sea, Sofia, a Persian princess and Alex’s fiancée, goes on a journey to change her fate.

This book was good... Nothing spectacular but I found Alexander the Great to be extremely interesting. My sister is obsessed with him but this is definitely not a historical account of him. There's magic and gods. I predicted the twist in the story but I thought it was a good twist, sorry I can't say what it was. There were actually a lot of twists that I enjoyed because I found myself enjoying the story with each one. It would get darker or more mysterious. This also led me to feeling so unsure as to what direction the next book will go. I might have predictions but I know they could also be very wrong. I also found the magic abilities to be really cool and I really wish I could communicate with animals. It would make my onesided conversations with my dog a lot easier.

Kat and Cyn were both really strong female characters while I thought Hephaestion was kind of stupid at times. Literally all he had to do was learn to communicate with Alex! There seemed to be hints at a lot of different relationships which I'm not too sure about for the next book because love triangles have to be done well or else they're way too cliché and annoying. Something that bothered me was that this is taking place in the Middle East in Macedonia and Persia, yet I'm pretty sure somebody was blond and there were some blue eyes going on. That bothered me a lot. The point of view changes a lot with each chapter which got a little annoying, but only because there'd be a cliffhanger with one character and then I'd have to wait multiple chapters to get back to their storyline.

Legacy of Kings comes out August 18th! While I didn't love it, I don't really love a series until I read the next books, I highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment