Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ugly Love Review


Collen Hoover's Ugly Love is about Tate, too busy for love, and Miles, not interested in love. However, they are both extremely attracted to each other and come up with what seems to be the perfect no-strings arrangement. Miles only has two rules: never ask about the past and don't expect a future. Love will get ugly between these two.

Good lord I hate doing summaries because I try to make them sound mysterious and not give much away, but they always sound weird to me. Anyways, I LOVED this book! It blew me away so much. Sometimes new adult books can go in two different ways: either a really good relationship or an unhealthy one. Yes, there were times where I thought Tate and Miles were a little unhealthy but that was because Miles had some serious issues he needed to figure out. He also always did his best to never hurt Tate and he was always very clear about what he could and could not do. This book was also not about a relationship continuing to be unhealthy, it was about learning to conquer emotional issues and move on from them to become healthy.

This book is definitely more mature than YA books because the characters are in their early/mid twenties and there is some very vivid mature action that occurs. If you're not interested in reading that, it's fine, I just wanted to warn you guys. For those who think this is just a steamy and sexy new adult novel, you are wrong. There is so much more to it. It was interesting too because I would call out Tate for doing something and then she would realize it herself and scold herself for it. So the characters weren't entirely oblivious to their issues. It also brings to the front that even ugly love is love and it is so easy to get addicted to it. Tate says herself that she believes addiction is an illness and it can be so hard to pull yourself out of something messy. But Tate does stand up for herself and I won't talk about the circumstances because of spoilers, but I really liked her. She was so caring to everybody, especially Cap, who is my all time favorite character and I want him to be my best friend.

Also the cover of the book has a much deeper meaning that I just got and you can only get when you finish the book. However, it just made me want to cry.

So Ugly Love will be made into a movie soon! The man playing Miles, Nick Bateman, is extremely attractive if I must say so. His instagram is nick_bateman and I strongly suggest checking him out because this is just a taste of him:

No comments:

Post a Comment