Monday, January 16, 2017

I'm Sorry I Suck!!! (Rambles and What I'm Currently Reading)

Wow I am so sorry it has been over three months since I last posted! I feel like I keep promising I'll post more and then I fail. I'm going to stop doing that because I think I'm jinxing myself.

While I love to read so much and I enjoy writing reviews slash just rambling about my thoughts, life gets crazy a lot! College is much more overwhelming and time consuming than high school ever was and academics are always my priority. It's easy for me to just come back from class and put on Netflix to numb my brain. I am trying to do better though!

This semester I am studying at University of Edinburgh in Scotland!!!
This is my school!!! (Not actually this part because it's under construction and it's also really the law school, but still!)
I'm trying to make this semester about me growing and learning more about who I am. I plan on traveling a lot, meeting people from different cultures, reading a lot, and becoming a more independent person. Very ambitious I know!

Living in the city where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter is surreal. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle also lived on my campus at one point! I've been here a week now and there's so much to still see!

This blog is going to hopefully still be full of reviews as I want to get back into it (but no promises because I can never seem to keep them!), but I'll also probably post about my adventures because I can't help wanting to share them with the world. Studying abroad is an amazing privilege that I have and I don't want to take advantage of it. I want to embrace every part of it. This blog has always been a way for me to reach greater thinking by writing whatever I feel about books and I want to do something similar with being in Europe.

I'm sorry for all my rambles and I know I'm inconsistent, but that's something I plan to work on this semester. Hopefully I can do better! This blog is always something I want to keep doing because I enjoy it and even though I suck at posting I will keep trying!

ANYWAYS.... Onto a little book talk.

I'm currently reading The Queen's Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler. It's really good so far, not what I was expecting because the main character is eight years old and the summary didn't really say it was from the point of view of a child. I'm about a quarter through and enjoying it since it is surprising. So many books follow the clichés that I struggle with them. I'm not sure where the story's going and I like the mystery. I hope it keeps up!

I'm loving Edinburgh right now and I can't wait to spend four more months here! If any of you have the chance to study abroad I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment