Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Blood for Blood Review


Ryan Graudin's Blood for Blood is the sequel to Wolf by Wolf so there will probably be spoilers to Wolf by Wolf in this review! Wolf by Wolf is amazing though so go read it and then come back for this review!

Blood for Blood takes up right where Wolf by Wolf left off. Yael has just shot Hitler, only to discover it was not the real Führer. Instead, he was a skinshifter like her. Now, Yael is on the run and the rebellion has just begun. She's joined by Luka and Felix as the question for how far you'll go for your loved ones is overshadowing them.

My apologies for the short and vague summary, when I like a book I never want to give too much away and let me just say I LOVED this book. I was in a bit of a reading rut and it took me a while to finish it, but it was so good. It was darker and more intricate than the first book in my opinion and I loved all the characters. I was waiting for them to try and do a love triangle with Luka and Felix, but thank the lord that did not happen. Instead, the mistrust and deceptions were much more realistic and the relationships never felt forced to me. I may not have liked Felix, but I understood him and probably would have done much of the same things as him.

I love Yael and so many times in this book I started crying cause she has gone through so much and I just wanted her to be happy and to have peace! I also thought for some reason that this series was going to be a trilogy, so towards the end I was just thinking it wouldn't be resolved since there was going to be a third book! But it quickly became apparent to me that this was the final book. This was a little more mature since it does have some really dark themes, as many World War II and holocaust books do.

This is still very fictional even though it takes place in the 1950s, so you can't compare it fully to real history. It's not meant to be 100% factual, there are skinshifters for goodness sake, but I honestly loved this book and I'm going to be searching out Ryan Graudin's other books now!

Blood for Blood comes out November 1st, 2016 so go and get it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment