Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Monster Calls Review



At 12:07 a monster calls Conor's name. However, instead of the monster from his nightmare, this monster is an ancient being. As Conor's mother is going through treatments, this monster wants what Conor can't give, the truth.

I probably made that summary overly dramatic, but I'm never sure on what to put in summaries. Anyways, I absolutely loved A Monster Calls. I sobbed my eyes out and it was extremely painful, but I thought it was beautiful. The back of my copy described it as "an extraordinary novel of love, loss and hope." I most definitely found this to be quite true. Throughout it I wanted to scream at bullies and then hug my mom. I don't even know if I can describe the characters and what I liked about them. I just feel really speechless and emotional right now. Since finishing the book about a half hour ago, I've cried three different times and then when describing it to my mom, I started to cry again. I definitely found it to be a quick read, but still very profound. Ugh I'm having so many feelings about this book right now. You should all read it.

There's also a movie being made that is set to be released in 2016 and I can't wait but I don't know how I will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment