Thursday, September 8, 2016

It Ends With Us Review


Colleen Hoover's It Ends With Us takes place in Boston, where Lily has worked hard to get to. She's opened her own business and done as much as she could to get away from her childhood. When she meets Ryle Kincaid and a connection sparks between the two of them, it looks like life couldn't get any better. Ryle is hot, arrogant, sensitive, and while he hates relationships, he can't help his attraction to Lily. But as Lily continues to move on in her life, she remembers Atlas Corrigan, he first love and a central part of her childhood. When he reappears, things become quite messy...

Honestly, as I was writing this description I started tearing up. This book was incredible. Many of us know Colleen Hoover as more of a fluffy romance author for entertainment only. It Ends With Us shocked me to the core with how much I felt. I really do not want to give away the dilemma that I went with alongside Lily, but holy crap this book ripped me apart. Nothing is black and white in this and it really explores the grey parts. It was so powerful and I want to go into so many more details, but to keep this spoiler-free you just have to read it.

While the summary implies a love triangle, that is not the focus of the story and please should not drive you away. There is some fantastic female friendship in this and so many quotable parts that again, I can't talk about through fear of giving something away. Just trust me that you have to give this book a try, even if you haven't like Colleen Hoover's stuff in the past.

The author's note at the end of this book is so incredibly important too guys. You must read it when you finish (and only when you finish!!!) so you get insight into why Colleen Hoover wrote this book.

Oh my god, I loved this book. 5 out 5 stars all the way.

P.S. The cover is absolutely beautiful and I adore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment