Friday, December 8, 2017

Books to Cozy Up With This Winter


As weather turns colder and I'm getting more and more excited for winter break where I can drink coffee and just read without school deadlines, I've been thinking about some of my favorite books to read with a cozy blanket and hot beverage.

Here are a few of my suggestions!


City of Thieves by David Benioff


Image result for city of thieves by david benioff

This incredible book takes place during the siege on Leningrad (St. Petersburg), Russia in World War II. It's wintery and a powerful book that you won't be able to put down. It's also one of my favorite all time books!

The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace



Image result for the princess saves herself in this one

If you want to read some beautiful poetry, I loved this one. It's quick, but meaningful. Nice to reflect upon with tea in a cozy setting.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn



Image result for gone girl book cover

I know this is already popular and its phase has come to an end for the most part, but I loved this mystery. It's smart and engaging so if you want to stay in during a snow storm and be mentally freaked out, read this.

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover



Image result for it ends with us

Freaking loved this book. It's a romance, but with so much to talk about and discuss. I can't give anything away, but I found it to be such a worthwhile read that I still think back to.

I Am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak



Image result for i am the messenger book cover


Another fantastic book. It's more mature than The Book Thief, but so powerful in a different way. I think Marcus Zusak is a brilliant author who knows how to leave you with so many emotions.


Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys




Image result for salt to the sea book cover

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Historical fiction that'll transport you. Ruta Sepetys is another wonderful author and I'll read anything by her.


My True Love Gave to Me 




Image result for my true love gave to me book

Some stories are better than others, but if you want a wholesome collection about winter, it's great. It's also an easy book to take breaks from when you complete each story.


No comments:

Post a Comment