Monday, February 6, 2017

You Before Anyone Else Review

Spoiler Free!



Summary from Goodreads:
"Model Finley needs someone to help her shed her "good girl" persona, so she'll try Eddie on for size.
New York City model Finley is fed up with hearing the same feedback at castings: she needs to take some serious action to wipe the "good girl" stamp from her resume if she wants to launch to stardom.
Enter Eddie Wells. He's shallow, predictable…and just as lost as Finley feels. Deep down, Finley is drawn to Eddie's bravado, his intensity. Except Eddie is hiding something. A big something. And when it surfaces, both loving and leaving Finley will become so much harder."

You Before Anyone Else by Julie Cross and Mark Perini is good. It honestly depends on what you're into. If you really enjoy contemporary romances that don't have huge emotional endings, I think you'd really like this book. While I enjoy contemporaries, they aren't my favorite genre and so they have to really stand out to make them great in my mind.

This book was good in that I was happy with the characters and the ending. The ending didn't go exactly as I expected, but I was happy with the decisions of the characters and thought it to be the best way to go.

The characters are also just good. It's a healthy romance where the Eddie and Finley are supportive of each other. They were also communicative which was so great to see. When Eddie's secret was revealed, Finley did freak out a little but she also waited for an explanation and actually heard it out. It didn't add unnecessary drama which I really appreciated.

However, that made it a little unrealistic in my opinion too. Finley suddenly had a lot of pressure on her shoulders and I would have freaked the f out or been like nuh uh that is way too much to handle. She's a little too much of a great girlfriend...

I also didn't really like Finley's roommate Summer, but I'm not sure exactly if I needed to. She wasn't too big of a character and didn't influence Finley much. Se wasn't a great character but I don't think it affected the actual story so I don't feel obligated to have an opinion on her. She wasn't enough of a focus for me to gain real feelings for her.

It's not the best writing in my opinion, but there isn't anything too negative I can say or think of and I would consider it a solid book. It's super easy and fun to read so I found myself enjoying it. It won't go under one of my favorites, but I don't regret reading it and I'd recommend it to people who enjoy contemporary romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment